Thursday 6 January 2011

It's D.DAY !

For reasons beyone my control (ie. LIFE - see last night's blog entry) I am WAY BEHIND on my Detox prep....


HOWEVER...a good night's sleep rights pretty much anything in my book - so I'm up-and-at-em and raring to catch up on my prep.


The larder and fridge are EMPTIED of temptation. (Not a huge job..I can not abide waste so was obliged to consume, over the past few days, all foodstuffs henceforth 'interdit')


Sauerkraut is fermenting. Sprouts are sprouting. Now I need to do the 'Mental Preparation'!!! Actually, I did give myself a run-up week and although it's not been 'Totally Zen', just the process of blogging this 'challenge' has forced me to focus on the job in hand.

This first week of Detox I am following Tanya Alekseeva's 7 Day Raw Programme. http://www.betterraw.com and she puts Great Emphasis on having an 'Affirmation: a declaration that something is true, a positive statement'.

To be perfectly honest my instinctive reaction is to 're-coil' - it all sounds a bit LA LA LAND for me....but as I read on through Tanya's advice (and strip out the core messages) I'm starting to think maybe I'M being TOO BRITISH about the whole thing!

Do I want to 'analyze my mental and emotional state' (rather not go there) and my ability to commit? What is my true motivation to Detox and how will I stay motivated? Do I want to be 'looking within myself' to answer deep introspective questions regarding my attitude to my body and how that affects my personal relationships? NOT REALLY - is the honest answer!

I basically want to look and feel vital and energized. Simple.

Tanya is insistant that we sum it all up in one: 'simple, present tense, affirmative statement' that we repeat to ourselves at every given opportunity. I have commited to this programme and, on this occasion, my 'attitude to commitment' is that I will not be publicly felled at the first fence. So, pen and paper at the ready, i'm off to contemplate my navel..Sorry...Affirmation.

Prendsletemps





2 comments:

  1. oh god once again you've got me thinking. if Kirstie can do then so can I. No offense darling but being 10 years younger than me your ability to 'keep partying' is much greater than mine!!! I've got 7 mince pies left out of a batch or 139 (large Christmas eve mulled wine and mince pie party). I cannot possibly throw them out as if i say so myself they are delicious. so shall begin the detox on Monday. Thanks for being so inspiring. Love the blog
    Love Beth
    PS can you give me the name of the detox place you were going to go to in India as may put it on my to do list

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my gorgous! I would have loved to have come to your Christmas Eve do!!!! and as for partying ....u r kidding. I consumed less that 1 single bottle of Champers over Christmas! I'll do a whole post on the retreat with a weblink - but don't you dare go without me. I can go next Jan when dogs are passported and can be left with Mother or Our Donna!!!xxx
    hop on Monday - I'm doing 3 different programmes over till end of month. hmmmm

    ReplyDelete