Sunday 9 January 2011

The 'Taco' is an iceberg lettuce leaf - Detox Diary Day 3


For most of yesterday (Detox Day 2) I was 'HAVING A MOMENT' !
I was already BEYOND GRUMPY when I woke and simmered all morning, before turning the juicer on without the pulp collector attached. The kitchen devastation was the perfect visualisation of my internal 'rage'...I was ridiculously close to tears!
The constant finicky prep - peeling; grating; chopping; mincing and blending, was seriously beginning to irritate me, to the point where I had to: 'put. the. knife. down'.
I enjoy cooking - I normally find it relaxing - an indulgence - so why is this experience so different? I am really, really, struggling with the stench of garlic and apple cider vinegar that has clung to the walls of my kitchen - it is just not pleasant.
The eating plan is not a problem. Quite frankly, most of the food is so un-appetizing to me that I am finding it quite easy NOT to think about the next meal all the time!
Today's menu is:
Juice: Kale, Orange, Celery, Pineapple
Lunch: Gazpacho (yep..cold raw soup)
Dinner: Walnut, Sundried tomotoes, mushrooms mix (for the meat!), salsa (with vinegar obviously!) Cashew and Avocado 'Cream' (with vinegar obviously!).
The 'Taco' is an iceberg lettuce leaf.
BUT...Today I chose not to be grumpy
.
First thing - I put MANDARIN and ROSE oil in my bedroom burner - uplifting and calming at the same time.
Second thing - emergency burner to the kitchen filled with peppermint, lavander and Eucalptus to cut through that stench! I am taking the situation in hand.
Yesterday I failed. I wallowed in a wrangling of stress, tiredness and anger.
I had neglected the side of detox that I nag others not to forget...'taking care of emotions and wellbeing'!
As I type, I am wearing a thick nourishing calming face mask (Masque Doux Aromatique aux 3 Roses by NUXE - a great range but be careful a few of their products do contain parabens) and that is just the start.
Today will be a day all about pampering...mani, pedi, hot-oil hair treatment, full body exfoliation and latherings of DETOX oil.
(I will write about these home made treatments later today so you can do some home pampering too..)
In fact...today, Sunday, will be how I imagine a normal day of Detox Retreat would be if I were in India...Well....almost!
Prendsletemps.

1 comment:

  1. But you kept at it anyway!! That's very courageous. I failed miserably. Girls B'day party threw me completely (even if I did resist licking the bowl whilst making the cake)especially when my brother in law turned up with the champagne we didn't get to drink at New Year. All good intentions left the building after that. Will try better today! x

    ReplyDelete