Thursday 6 January 2011

Mostly Ce Soir I will be ....making Sauerkraut!

To return to the beginning...RIGHT NOW I should be on retreat in India.
If I were, I would probably have had a lovely Pre-Detox-Day of yoga, massage and meditation ...perhaps a river stroll and i'd probably now be sipping on some delicious fortifying Pre-Detox-Broth.
MY REALITY began at 6.30am when I soft-padded into the bathroom and was suddenly 'paddling'. The toilet had flooded overnight. We won't dwell on it (this is afterall kind of a food blog). My first hours of the day were spent mopping, not stretching..Yoga was a no go.
Tired and stressed before 9am, my morning mails requested: high-res images ASAP - essential for potential press; several client diary changes; urgent product requests; several detox queries and a disgruntled Aunt who can not, apparently, open the latest images I attached of the puppy.
My nearest post office DOES NOT SELL ENVELOPES..which meant a detour to the 'tabac' (only in France!!). I got very lost en route rushing to new clients. I got home to an 'admin' emergency. I'd forgotten to deliver a clothes rail to friends....I popped it over to them and gratefully polished off a beer and some curry they had ready (they are chefs!).
At 9.15pm I realised the day was done and I still had a weeks worth of Sauerkraut to prepare.
Returning, again, to the beginning...'This is a project to see if it really is possible to Detox in the real world we live in ...or do we have to (quite literally) reatreat to the other side of the world.'
I'm not ready, I'm stressed, I've got a headache...and I'd rather be in India.
I will, however, be getting up to my first juice which is: Kiwi, Spinach, Mango and Celery.
Make mine a large one!
Prendsletemps.

2 comments:

  1. Oh poor you!! But I'm doing my best to 'be with you'. I have smoothies and fruit surrounding me but have a Birthday cake to make for my daughter Esti's 5th B'day party tomorrow!! Talk about temptation! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dearest..I appreciate it.Daughters Birthday party = KILLER! if you fall off the wagon for one day don't give up...get back on the next day x

    ReplyDelete